Thursday, September 15, 2005

What's happened to me???

Tonight we had our monthly Happy Hour at BW3's for Team in Training. Not long after people began to show up, one of the coaches was saying how he was looking for people to be on his team for the 197 mile Hood To Coast Relay Race in August 2006. Each team has 12 members, with each member running 3-6 mile segments of the race. The race has a 31 hour time limit, which means each person would have to run an average mile of 9:45. There was a big part of me that really wished I could participate, however, I know there's no way in hell I can run in that kinda time. Not yet anyway.

So now I've made a new goal for myself.... to be on that team for the 2007 race.




I keep looking around for the pod where the alien that apparently has taken over my body came from. ;-)

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

9:45 MILE PACE! Wow.
At my fastest I was never this fast. You go girl.

I organized my own team for a relay race last Spring (a 44 miler called the Brew to Brew - from Kansas City to Lawrence, KS). It was fun being a part of a team race where we all ran different legs. Could you find a team race that doesn't have such a tough time limit?

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I just thought it would be fun to do such a huge race. The plan is to have some super fast runners to compensate for the slower runners. I am NO WHERE near that sort of pace, hence my goal for 2007. :) No matter what, I'll still be one of the slower ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home