Saturday, September 10, 2005

Not enough?

It's weird... I haven't been training as much lately but today I actually got out there & went to practice with the team. I got an early start with a friend & we did 6 miles. When we finished & got back to the park, I was barely winded. 6 miles didn't feel like enough. I felt like I'd simply been out for a little stroll. Part of it may have been because my friend's boyfriend was hurt & didn't want to run, so we all just walked the whole time (although it was a pretty fast walk). I know I could've done at least 3 more & was tempted to do a quick run around the loop, but then it started to pour down rain, so instead I grabbed a quick bagel (I was starving), ran to my car, & drove home.

I still can't believe how easily I do 6 miles now. Me. ME!!

That's just crazy!

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

So remind me again, what is your next training goal. Sounds like 6 miles walking doesn't do it for you. So what is just out of your reach that you would like to attain. Perhaps running 6 miles! Isn't it great how your body has gotten stronger then before.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Erin said...

It was just a surprise to me because after I did the marathon, I didn't work out at all for 2 months. I figured I would be back to square one when I started again, but was pleasantly surprised to see that I can still go the distance. :)

My next event is the San Antonio 1/2 marathon on Nov. 13. I would love to finish it in under 3.5 hours.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I run my first half marathon on Saturday and hope I can break 3 hours (but we shall see). Keep up your 60/40 run walk and your 3.5 should be a breeze girl! I love you blog by the way, can't you tell!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Erin said...

GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you'll do great. And thanks for commenting. I think you're the only one that regularly reads this thing. I'm glad you like it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home