Monday, August 15, 2005

Back in the saddle again...

Well, I did it. I finally got off my ass & started running again. I just finished 2 miles & I'm still alive to talk about it.

It wasn't as bad as I though it would be, but it wasn't as easy as I remembered, either. I started out strong, but eventually the humidity began to make me feel like I weighed 100,000 lbs. Have I ever mentioned how much I absolutely despise humidity? Well, I do. I DESPISE IT!!! It is the bane of my running existence! And it didn't help that I ran after a massive, torrential downpour. It has to be at least a bajillion percent humidity out there right now. I could actually chew the air!

Lovely.

But I did it. I ran. And I survived.

Go me. :)

***EDIT***

OK, so according to the weather channel, the humidity is at 82% & not a bajillion. So sue me. Still, that's pretty friggin' humid! Right?

Also, I almost forgot to post about a cool online pedometer my coaches linked me to: check it out!

If you don't happen to live in Hoboken (which I do not), simply click on the "If you don't live in Hoboken" link & it'll take you to a map of the US. Just find your city, zoom in to your route, & follow the instructions to map it. It'll give you the miles you've logged & even the calories you've burned. You can even save it as a permalink so you can keep adding to it every time you run. It's very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home