Saturday, August 27, 2005

Occupational Hazzard


Today the inevitable happened... I lost my toe-nail. I knew it would come eventually. The damage had been done & it was just a matter of time.

About 5-6 months ago, I was wearing a new, thicker pair of socks on a long run. I'd pulled the sock on too tight & when I put my foot in my shoe, it pulled it tighter. I didn't really notice it until a few miles into my long run. By the time I was done, my toe was KILLING me. Every run after that would aggrevate it a little bit more. Eventually the nail turned black, but I was able to cover it with nail polish. Well, no nail polish or pedicure in the world can cover this. I don't know what I'm going to do now to protect it on my future runs. That sucker hurts just putting a band-aid over it. I'll have to ask the folks at RunSport what I can do until it grows back.

Yikes! I hope it grows back!!

*sigh*

I used to have such pretty feet.

So long old friend. It's been nice knowing you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home