Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Surprising myself

I'm really surprising myself these days with how much I'm improving each week, even despite the scorching heat. I would've thought the heat would slow me down a lot, especially during the Tuesday night trainings when the temps are at their hottest, but so far that hasn't been the case at all. My 1/2 mile sprints have remained identical for the past few weeks (avg. pace of 14:11/mile) & my parking garage runs have been faster each time. Yesterday was the best yet!

Temperature: 98º
Heat Index: 107º

6 reps:
(1 trip up & down garage = 0.6 miles)

1 - 6:27
2 - 6:23
3 - 6:23
4 - 6:33
5 - 6:29
6 - 6:21

Total mileage: 3.6 miles
Total time: 38:39
Average pace per mile: 10:44

That's more than a minute faster per mile than the last time, 2 weeks earlier.

The only thing that is NOT getting better is my rash. It continues to get worse & worse. I've tried various creams & balms, but nothing is making it better. Oddly enough, the problem is really only on my right leg. I'll appear on my left leg immediately after a run, but it goes away once I cool down. The right leg, however, is a never-ending rash. It doesn't itch... it hurts! It feels like a combo of sunburn & "road rash". I think I'm going to have to see a dermatologist. At least now I know that this sort of rash has a name. Hopefully a doctor will have a cure. Otherwise I'll never be able to show off my legs again!

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Hey Zeus said...

Maybe the rash is making you faster. If it is get rid of it now and get it again just before you race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home