Saturday, November 17, 2007

Quickie

Before today, I'd only run 3 times since the marathon. I'd hurt my left big toe the day after the marathon (accidentally kicked the back of a guys shoe & ripped the nail off the toe) & it was 2 weeks before I could wear any shoes other than flip flops. By the time I did my first post-marathon run, 2-1/2 weeks had gone by. I was pretty surprised that I was still able to keep up a good pace. All 3 runs (each btwn 3-4 miles) averaged about 14:30 mins/mile. Today was my first "long run".

I'd planned on doing 8 with the TNT group (down Allen Parkway) but at that last minute a friend asked if I could cover for her at a water stop, which I did. After I was done helping out with the group, I did 6 miles in the park. I don't know why, but today I was able to do my fastest 6 miles ever! I finished in 1:20:53 for an average pace of 13:28 mins/mile. WOO-HOOO!!!! If I can keep this up & maybe even get a bit faster, I might be able to do a sub-3 hr. half marathon. (My official half marathon PR is 3:27.)

I'm gonna go for it! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home