Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I FINISHED!!!!!

I did it! I finished the Nike Women's Marathon!!!! And I SHATTERED my goal time of 7:30 & finished in 7:10:25!!!!! I could have easily finished in under 7 hours but I decided to slow down & soak it all in as much as I could.

I'm uploading photos & will type up a full, huge weekend/race re-cap later, but for now, I'll leave you with this...



I know it's VERY shaky, but you try holding a camera steady when you're running to the finish line after running for over 7 hours. LOL! If you listen closely, you can hear the crowd yelling my name & the announcer calling me in. Every time I watch it, my eyes well up with tears. I still can't believe I did it. What an absolutely FANTASTIC day & a FANTASTIC weekend. I'd do it over & over & over again.

3 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Too awesome for words!! You ROCK!!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Hey Zeus said...

Congrats, all that heat training really helps when running hills. I think it does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home